The Federal Government has disclosed what users of SIM cards not linked to National Identity Numbers (NINs) should expect next.

The federal government disclosed that those affected by ban on outgoing calls last week for not performing the NIN-SIM exercise will not be let off the hook anytime soon.

HOT POST 🔥  2023 Presidency: Atiku Visits Obasanjo, Says He’s Confident About Winning PDP Ticket

In a statement issued by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on Tuesday, it said the lines of those barred will not be unblocked until their owners carry out their NIN-SIM integration.

“The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) wishes to officially inform telecoms consumers, whose Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards are barred from making calls, that affected SIMs will not be unbarred by the service providers until they are linked with the National Identification Numbers (NINs) of the SIM holders”, the statement said.

HOT POST 🔥  Buhari Approves Funds For Tertiary Institutions Amid ASUU Strike

NCC said the information had become necessary in view of a viral web link (https://bit.ly/NCC-Sim-Unbar-Gov-Ng) being circulated on social media and on some websites.